Statement Of Faith
- We believe in the authority of Scripture; the Bible is God’s inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word. (2 Tim 3:16;
2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We affirm the existence of a triune God or one God in three distinct persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (John 1:1-4;
Genesis 1:1,2; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ; that He was fully God and fully man. (John 1:1-3, 14,
Colossians 1:15-19; 2:9-10)
- We believe that man is a physical and spiritual being who is created in God’s image. (Genesis 1:27) But because of his sin or transgression, man has lost his fellowship with God. (Romans 3:23; 6:23) By God’s grace, Jesus Christ – Who is fully God and fully man (John 10:30) – was sent to save us from our bondage to sin.
- We believe that Christ was born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14;
Luke 1:30-35) died for our sins, (1 Corinthians 15:3; Romans 5:6-9) physically rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15: 3-5; Acts 10:41) and will one day return to judge the world and deliver His people (Jude 1:14-15; Matthew 25:31-46; Revelation 6:10).
- Faith in Christ is the only means by which mankind can escape eternal damnation and judgment. (John 14:6;
Acts 4:12; 1 John 5:11-13)
- We believe the New Testament teaches two baptisms. First, there is the baptism whereby the repentant sinner, upon trusting Jesus Christ as his Savior, is baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ (I Corinthians 12:13). Secondly, there is water baptism by immersion for believers only, which we believe to be an ordinance of the church.
- We recognize the church as God’s ordained institution headed by Christ. The church is composed of all believers, and is organized for worship, for fellowship, for the administration of the sacraments, for spiritual growth and support, and for evangelizing the world.
- We believe in the sanctity of marriage; that marriage is ordained by God to be between one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:24; Mathew 19:4-6)
- We believe in the sanctity of life; that life is created by God, not by man, and life begins at conception. (Genesis 1:27; Jeremiah 1:5)